Business, Economy, and Infrastructure
As your State Representative, I will support the following:
- Tailor workforce development programs to prioritize high-value, in-demand industries, such as aerospace, software engineering, medical devices, biopharma, and financial technology, and focus on defined pathways for educational and career development
- Streamline the professional licensing process, remove barriers for apprenticeship training requirements, and recognize equivalent out-of-state licenses for those moving here to increase workforce strength
- Expand Connecticut’s manufacturing apprenticeship tax credit program to include small manufacturers, and repeal the state sales tax on employer training programs.
- Support a bipartisan transportation funding plan that provides the necessary resources to rebuild and modernize Connecticut’s infrastructure while protecting Special Transportation Fund revenues
- Encourage public-private partnerships to speed planning and completion of priority transportation projects such as critical bioscience laboratory space, and revitalize and grow the economies of our cities and towns.
- Repeal the 6.35% state sales tax on employment training and safety apparel, including personal protective equipment
- Restore the pass-through entity tax credit to its original 93% to save small businesses $53 million annually.
- Restore the Research and Development tax credit to attract entrepreneurs, foster startup businesses, and promote private sector investment